Alliance San Diego: Immigrant Outreach Coordinator
A successful applicant for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of the the immigrant community in San Diego.
- Confidence in speaking in front of large groups.
- Ability to create engaging flyers, presentations, and other materials.
- Ability to reach out to community partners to schedule forums.
- Organized and able to track forums and record outcomes from forums.
- Ability to follow up in a timely fashion with participants and direct them to the appropriate workshops or staff or allies.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Mobility to travel to and from forums and community groups.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed from roughly May to August.
Scope of Work
1. Design and implement a community outreach strategy
- Identify what information to share with communities regarding the following:
- Status of immigration reform
- DACA assistance
- Naturalization assistance
- Fraud warnings
- How to report of abuse by CBP/ICE
- Identify target communities (diverse immigrant communities throughout the county)
- Develop the following materials and coordinate translation into appropriate languages:
- Event flyer to attract community to forum
- Info sheet regarding topics above with contact info for more information
- Signup sheet for folks interested in follow up on any of the above
- Develop interactive and engaging presentation providing an overview of topics above
- Identify potential partner groups for outreach events in target communities
- Work with partners to set up community outreach events
2. Participate in Naturalization and DACA events
- Attend and assist DACA assessment and application workshops
- Attend and assist Naturalization application workshops
3. Participate in staff and coalition meetings
- Alliance staff meetings
- SDIRC, SDTIP, SDNC, and DACA meetings as needed
- Other meetings as needed
The position is part-time and will run from roughly the beginning of May through the end of August. Hours will vary but are anticipated to be between 20-30 hours a week.
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or family status, or on any other basis.
Please inquire by email: email@example.com
For more information about Alliance San Diego, visit alliancesd.org.