Alliance San Diego: Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
Alliance San Diego is a non-profit community empowerment organization that builds coalitions and mobilizes resources to advance justice and social change.
ASD is looking for a part-time volunteer coordinator to support Alliance San Diego’s programs through the recruitment and management of community volunteers, which is essential to fulfilling and advancing ASD’s mission.
- Develop and manage volunteer program including, but not limited to, screening, recruiting, training, job development
- Volunteer outreach in the community
- Prepare job descriptions based on organization & community needs
- Interview and place volunteers for specific programs, activities and events
- Conduct orientations for volunteers
- Mobilize volunteers for ASD and community events
- Supervise and manage volunteers as needed for programs, activities, ASD and community events
- Maintain volunteer database including assessment information and volunteer history
- Develop and implement formal and informal volunteer appreciation/recognition programs
- Develop, maintain and evaluate volunteer activities to retain on-going volunteers
- Monitor and assess volunteer satisfaction and improve volunteer program where needed
- Work with staff to handle volunteer needs and concerns
- Provide ongoing communication, support, and guidance for volunteers
- Work with Program Administrator to create and maintain a Volunteer Program Handbook
- Work with All Peoples Celebration Volunteer Committee Chair on volunteer needs for APC and APC service program throughout year
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Administrator
- Experience as a volunteer
- Enthusiasm and collaborative skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Proficient with MS Office software (specifically Word & Excel) and basic database software
- Proficient in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumbler, etc.)
- Careful attention to detail and commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to organize, synchronize, and/or integrate diverse functions between volunteers and staff
- Ability to be responsive to staff and volunteers; ability to follow-up with volunteers and others in a timely fashion
- Ability to act as ASD representative and reach out to community members and organizations
- Confidence speaking in front of large groups
- Ability to create engaging flyers, presentations, and other materials
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and often spontaneously
- Excellent organization skills; ability to maintain confidential records and information
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing requests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to attend staff meetings and retreats
- Flexible schedule; ability to work evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license; ability to travel to and from forums and community groups
- Second language preferred; Spanish a plus
This position is part-time and hours will vary between 20-30 hours per week.
Compensation for this position is $14.50 per hour.
Position will remain open until filled.
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or family status, or any other basis.
Please inquire by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Alliance San Diego, please visit http://www.alliancesd.org