United Way of San Diego County: Community Impact Specialist
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Vice President, Impact Strategies and Mobilization
Support and assist the Community Impact team in the continual development and implementation of the community impact agenda as it relates to Education, Income, Health and Homelessness.
• Provide coordination and staff support for committees and Vision Councils, including but not limited to preparation of special reports, letters, memos, rosters, e-mails, agendas, packets, minutes and day-of preparations.
• Assist in stewardship of executive volunteers.
• Maintain and expand knowledge of issues and best practices related to Education, Income, Health and Homeless, including continual identification and analysis of gaps and assets in the current delivery systems.
• Maintain and expand knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in public and private sectors as related to impact areas.
• Serve as lead staff for EITC Coalition, facilitating all meetings, coordinating all marketing and training efforts, managing grant funds, and preparing annual report.
• Serve as liaison to local nonprofit collaborations, steering committees, and task forces.
• Assist in the planning and facilitation of community conversations.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and review of funding RFP’s.
• Assist in the identification and development of program quality standards. This includes the development of specific short term and long term outcomes.
• Assist in identification of investment opportunities for the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC).
• Provide support for proposals associated with grant and other funding opportunities to support the Community Impact agenda.
• Serve as department representative on internal committee to optimize Customer Relationship Management software.
• Represent the Community Impact focus areas through public speaking opportunities and individual conversations.
• Participate on internal, cross-functional teams to further the work of United Way.
• Conduct campaign calls and other associated resource development duties as assigned.
• Prepare invoices, purchase requisitions and checks.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Public Health or related field.
• A combination of directly related coursework and experience may be substituted.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office package (Outlook/Word/Excel).
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking and report writing.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, facilitate group process and decision-making
• Demonstrated ability to manage responsibilities independently and exercise initiative
• Demonstrated ability to manage and organize presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time effectively and follow-thru.
• Demonstrated ability to organize with the ability to track multiple projects.
• Demonstrated numerical aptitude and accuracy with numbers.
• Valid California Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
• Candidate may have to utilize own transportation for fieldwork (with expense reimbursement).
• Ability to bend and lift up to 30lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about United Way, visit our website at www.uwsd.org