San Diego Office of the Mayor: Manager of Constituent Affairs
Under the leadership of the Mayor and general direction of the Chief of Staff, the Manager of Constituent Affairs serves as the primary point-of-contact for constituents, advising Mayor on constituent opinions and concerns; visiting with constituents when appropriate. The Manager of Constituent Affairs is responsible for communicating with constituents via email, telephone and in-person; learning about and addressing citizen concerns; helping to solve problems by liaising between constituents and appropriate City Leadership staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years experience that demonstrates these qualifications will be considered;
· Bachelor’s degree in English or related field;
· Demonstrated Editor experience;
· Exceptional proofreading, editing, grammar, and spelling skills;
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent relationship skills, including an ability to develop new relationships;
· Excellent phone skills and the ability to clearly communicate via proper telephone etiquette;
· Experience in technical writing and communications
· Well-organized, able to operate on a schedule, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
To view the full job listing, click here.
To be considered for this position, please submit: 1) current resume; 2) a letter of interest highlighting your relevant work experience and qualifications for this position; 3) a writing sample and 4) a list of three professional references via email to HumanResources@sandiego.gov.
Resumes will be screened according to the qualifications outlined above and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
If you have any questions, please contact the City’s Human Resources Department at (619) 236-6313.