Volunteer Engagement Manager, United Way of San Diego County
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Vice President, Community Engagement
The Volunteer Engagement Manager will manage United Way of San Diego County’s (UWSD) community engagement efforts through strategies that impact volunteerism and service in the community. The development of UWSD signature events will foster volunteerism by empowering and enabling people to deliver creative solutions to community problems and create a stronger relationship between the volunteer and UWSD. They will lead efforts in recruitment, management, awareness, volunteer project development and relationship management with volunteers and other community partners.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute large signature volunteer events, on at least a quarterly basis, to integrate volunteerism within our focus areas of Education, Income, Health and Homelessness
- Assist in sponsorship and in-kind resources to support signature events in partnership with the Marketing Team.
- Coordination of signature events to include developing timelines, securing and working with facilities, development of volunteer activity, securing necessary supplies, recruitment and management of volunteers
- Ongoing identification and recruitment of corporations and other organizations who want to participate in signature and group volunteer activities
- Solidify loyalty of existing volunteers and donors and develop efforts to increase dollars to UWSD through the vehicle of volunteer engagement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with volunteers
- Experience in development, management and execution of large events
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
- Understanding and appreciation of different cultures and experiences.
- Experience with team facilitation, training and management roles preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Frequent walking or standing is required
- Employee must talk and hear
- Extensive use of the computer and other administrative duties
- Hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls
- Weights of up to 30 pounds occasionally lifted (carrying devices provided)
Please visit UWSD’s website at http://uwsd.org/content/careers-united-way for more information.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org