Girls Think Tank Executive Director. This is a full time, salaried position.
Founded in 2006, Girls Think Tank is a grassroots 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Girls Think Tank’s mission is to inspire, empower, and organize our community to advance basic human dignity. We view basic dignity as universal human rights, including access to basic needs and the right to be free from violence, exploitation and discrimination.
Girls Think Tank provides a vehicle for citizens to become hands-on change agents in San Diego. Our strength lies in our collaborative, volunteer-based model. We are lithe and fast, mobilizing our community partners and volunteers to accomplish our collective goals. Our success story is not grandiose, but comes from small steps taken every day. We call this micro-activism at its finest.
For more information, please visit http://www.girlsthinktank.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Girls Think Tank staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to social justice and Girls Think Tank’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree in non-profit management or related field
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Ability to coach, manage, and develop high-performance teams
- Ability to set and achieve strategic objectives
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to cultivate existing and new board member and advisory board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Salary and Benefits: $35,000 – $40,000 commensurate with education and experience. Health insurance benefits will be provided as well as five (5) days paid vacation and paid federal holidays.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and relevant qualifications, with three names of professional references (including telephone contact information) to: Noor Kazmi at Noor@girlsthinktank.org