We are an Ocean Beach-based company based on doing business the right way with good people who want nice things for our communities. We’re grounded on simple principles that meet at the intersection of local business, community, environmental protection, social equity, healthy living and fun. Lots of fun.
We’re looking for a communications intern who will help us with media and public relations. This rock star should have taken related coursework in public relations or communications, should have some experience or projects related to the field of communications, should be a stellar writer and should be interested in pursuing a career in the field. The perfect candidate will have experience within San Diego’s social justice communities and in geographic areas such as City Heights, communities south of I-8, Tijuana or other regions facing social justice challenges.
• Tracking media and publicity opportunities
• Tracking monthly activities and metrics
• Researching national, regional and local media opportunities
• Researching and updating media lists
• Supporting development of internal communication structures
• Be awesome
• Be flexible
• Love what you do
• Be committed to the end result
Helpful skills and knowledge:
• Public relations and online communications
• Independent worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating workloads
• Ability to multitask diverse set of clients—advocacy, political, environmental, business
• Efficiency in work pace with attention to details
• Current student considering a career in PR or communications
• On-the-job experience or education related to PR or communications industries
• $11.50/hour for 15 – 20 hours per week
• Paid sick leave
While we will consider interns looking for a three- to four-month commitment, we’re hoping to find a longer term candidate that wants to grow within the role. We’d like the candidate to start in August or September 2017. Tell me why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Send cover letter, resume and references to Jamie(at)gomixte(dot)com. No phone calls, please. We’re reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate. Mixte is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity.