Project Concern International: https://pciglobal-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=510&version=1
- Development Coordinator
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the Development Department team assigned with supporting the fundraising goals of the organization through guiding and managing the CRM database, leading to effective account management, accurate financial reporting, and effective fundraising techniques.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Gift Processing Management (10%)
- Manage department contribution/donor thank you/acknowledgement system
- Create updated thank you letter templates and specialized letters.
- Oversee general stewardship system for all donors and where appropriate, donor prospects. Work with the department and appropriate program officers to strategize and provide top notch stewardship to donors and donor prospects.
- Oversee the Classy synchronization with Salesforce.
- Ensure all donations processed through Classy integrate directly into Salesforce with accuracy.
- Assist in the maintenance of Classy donation/registration pages for both annual and one time events, annual and one time appeals, and peer to peer fundraising campaigns.
- Manage the organization’s ongoing relationship with Classy.
- Reconcile all donations with the Finance department on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accuracy of all gifts in database including specific fund/cost center.
Database Operations and Maintenance (60%)
- Act as Development’s Salesforce Area Administrator
- Create and modify database policies and procedures as needed to ensure consistent departmental understanding of the CRM platform.
- Participate in Salesforce Steering Committee meetings as needed to accurately represent Development’s Salesforce needs in inter-departmental decision making.
- Identify new needs and existing gaps in Development’s understanding and customized use of the CRM platform.
- Resolve CRM Cases and questions from the Development staff, which typically range from troubleshooting to technical questions to high level decisions about the direction Development will take with Salesforce.
- Revenue and Donor List Reporting
- Support Development team in running targeted and accurate mailing lists for fundraising events and fundraising campaigns.
- At the direction of Development Officer of Annual Programs, prepares and extensively revises mailing lists for newsletters, appeals, annual reports, event invitations, major/principal gifts reports, and other regular mailings.
- Provide accurate revenue reports, mailing lists, donor information, etc. as requested by the Department, for both internal use, external reporting, and Board reporting.
- Create and maintain customized reports for departmental account managements needs.
- Coordinate and maintain the department’s donor and donor prospect database.
- Regularly clean up the database to ensure data quality, including de-duplicating and merging records.
- Update donor/prospect database on a continual basis with relevant information from the Development Department and other departments as well as information that other stakeholders deem important.
- Utlize third party applications as needed to more efficiently ensure database accuracy.
- Supports training of Development Department staff in use of donor database system.
- Partakes in ongoing database trainings.
General Development Department Support (30%)
- Reconciles unrestricted income with Finance on a monthly basis.
- Acts as Development’s Concur Champion
- Assists with travel requests and expense reports as needed.
- Supports any additional training for Development team members.
- Assistance in all fundraising activities.
- At the direction of Development Officer of Annual Programs, supports Development Department in creating, maintaining, and executing appeals: new appeal pieces, renewal pieces, targeted pieces and new acquisition pieces, utilizing current data for improved return.
- Track appeals and share information with Development Department to determine best practices.
- Assist in the writing, editing, and submission of any proposals or grant applications.
- Creates RFCDs for restricted fundraising activities.
- Attends additional training sessions on donor relations, fundraising, and report and proposal writing.
- Attend and take notes at the monthly Development Committee Meetings.
- Provide receptionist relief on regular rotation.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelors’ Degree or relevant technical training with 2 additional years of work experience.
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience.
- One year of Salesforce administration highly preferred, particularly experience working with CRMs and a familiarity with building customized fields, objects, and reports.
- Experience with budgeting and comfort with numbers.
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is also required.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, including the ability to identify and solve organizational and departmental needs and problems.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational skills; be proactive; and possess the ability to work independently handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced, professional environment, with absolute attention to detail.
- Candidate must have confidence and experience in working with a team and senior management.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work overtime during peak seasons.
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
Job LocationSan Diego, California, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular