Our mission is simple: Stop climate change.
Our goal is bold: 100% clean energy.
Our bar is high: We need 100% of our team to be 100% in. We engage real people across a wide spectrum of interests and perspectives including businesses, decision makers, advocates, organizers, allies, and cultures with inspired communication and actionable information to make big change and help people imagine and do what’s possible. With our small but highly motivated and mighty team, we’ve got to be fast paced, organized, data driven, nimble, creative, diligent, and fun.
We’re looking for a rock star who can pick up and lead any aspect of our work in our small, start-up environment, working in close coordination with our team. You will have demonstrated experience in getting things done independently and successfully, will fearlessly and proactively tackle new challenges and responsibilities, craves working in a fast-paced and demanding high-profile environment, thinks creatively and analytically, is flexible, highly organized, and seriously dedicated to stopping climate change and saving the world. You will also enjoy and value networking and relationship-building with people from all backgrounds, places and experiences.
Position summary: We are looking for a skilled communicator who will help us amplify our educational content and creative brand across all platforms. Said communications guru will leverage the power storytelling to cultivate relationships with our members, grantors, and decision-makers. Our future rock star will nurture existing grantor relationships and develop strategies to diversify CAC’s funding sources. Our Director of Communications and Development will lead and propel a robust communications strategy to engage an even bigger audience.
- Communications: Brand development, messaging, storytelling, traditional media (press releases, media alerts, pitching, press events), email campaigns, social media, website content, newsletters and action alerts, and designing and editing infographics.
- Fundraising: Help team identify new prospects and creating cultivation plans (including grant writing) for foundations, businesses, and individual funders.
- Events: Help with social, fundraising, and educational events for members, donors, and the public.
- Relationship Building: Expanding our network to include a multifaceted range of decision-makers, allies, stakeholders, donors, members and volunteers.
- Data: Management and analysis of donor information, media, outreach impact, and more.
- Financial Operations: Tracking finances and developing and monitoring annual budget, in coordination with accountant, Executive Director and Board Treasurer.
- Community Education and Outreach: Coordinating with and presenting our vision and work to community organizations, businesses, and members.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with relevant lobbying laws, tax codes, and grant reporting requirements.
You might be a good fit if you:
- You have at least three years of work experience in communications and nonprofit development; ideally with a strong understanding of policy and politics.
- Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are top-notch.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent leader who is a team player.
- You’re an analyst who thinks creatively.
- You’re an independent worker who knows how to find solutions, but also knows when to ask for help.
- You’re an organized and motivated worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
- You’ve got an eye for design and visual details.
- You’re an online master, but you also love meeting new people in person and building relationships.
- You’re committed to the end result, and you love what you do and what we do.
Location: Our office is in University Heights in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Show us why you’re different, why you believe you’re the one. Be creative. Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: CAC Director of Communications & Development
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.
Climate Action Campaign
4452 Park Blvd. Suite 209
San Diego, CA 92116