Environmental Health Coalition (EHC) is a San Diego/Tijuana non-profit social and environmental justice organization dedicated to empowering people, organizing communities and achieving justice for low- income communities of color. We are an effective, results-oriented organization with a passion for social change. We have been making a difference in the lives of the individuals, families, and communities for
over 35 years.
EHC is seeking a skilled and dedicated Executive Assistant (EA) to join our team. Working under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the EA should be well organized with strong attention to detail, be solution oriented, and understand the critical importance of administration to achieving social justice goals.
The EA must share a commitment to environmental, social and racial justice. The EA primarily provides support to the ED and participates in day-to-day management and long-term strategic efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
1. Works closely and effectively with the ED to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities;
2. Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
3. Maintains ED’s calendar, coordinates meeting and travel arrangements;
4. Manages all ED communications including email, voicemail and snail mail;
5. Interfaces, on behalf of the ED, with allied organizations, elected officials, funders and others;
6. Develops and utilizes filing and retrieval systems;
7. Composes, prepares and reviews confidential correspondence;
8. Manages some reimbursements and light bookkeeping;
9. Maintains filing systems and electronic address book;
10. Provides administrative coordination for various internal planning, training and other meetings including preparation and distribution of agenda and minutes, site location, food arrangements, audio visual, etc.;
11. Develops power point and other presentation materials;
12. Assists in preparation of reports to funding sources and others;
13. Serves as the communications and meeting logistics liaison with the Board of Directors including coordinating quarterly Board meetings and quarterly Executive Committee meetings;
14. Performs data entry when needed; and
15. Manages special projects as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Minimum two years’ experience in a top-level administrative assistant position
Detail-oriented and highly organized
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
High proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), data bases, Adobe and social media platforms
Ability to work independently
Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to communicate effectively with many different types of people
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and tight deadlines
Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Experience working in non-profit, social or environmental justice, community organizing or policy advocacy organization
Salary Range: $48,100 – 58,100; commensurate with experience
Benefits Include: Health, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, vacation and wellness leave
Target Start Date: February 1, 2018
Applications: Submit cover letter and resume to Environmental Health Coalition,
email@example.com. Subject line should read: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT followed by your name
EHC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE OF COLOR AND WOMEN TO APPLY
Environmental Health Coalition is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation. EHC is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
Accordingly, EHC does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any supervisor, coworker, vendor, or client of EHC.