Environmental Health Coalition (EHC) is a 37-year old community-based organization dedicated to empowering people, organizing communities and achieving justice in low-income communities of color. We are an effective, results-oriented organization with a passion for social change.
EHC is seeking a part-time Fund Development Intern to assist with Individual Giving and our Annual Fundraiser Event. The position dates are Nov. 28 – May 30th 2017 (flexible), 10-20 hours/week.
In addition to providing support to the Fund Development Team, the Development Internship is designed to provide a well-rounded hands-on educational experience in the world of social and environmental justice, fund development and nonprofits. The position will revolve around our winter and spring seasonal activities, which include our End of Year Appeal management and Annual Award Celebration assistant, although other tasks may be included.
Major Responsibilities and Duties, but not limited to:
• End of Year Appeal (EOYA)
– EOYA is a high priority donor activity taking place in Nov-Jan.
– Assists in donor relations and outreach via mailers, emails and phone calls
• Event Planning Assistant:
– Our Annual Awards Fundraiser will take place on Thursday April 20th, 2017.
-This position will begin participating on event activity from January-May
– Annual Fundraiser event planning and small donor cultivation event assistance.
– Event coordination will include soliciting potential sponsors, tracking table assignments and VIPs, securing in kind donations such as wine, decorations, alcohol, gifts and manage ticket sales/registration, participation and following up with event committee members, along with conducting follow-up phone calls, and other various event related tasks.
• Working occasionally with organizer team in assistance with our campaigns.
• Providing Administrative and clerical support to the Development Department including donation processing, acknowledgements, related data entry and generation of monthly reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Familiarity with in fundraising and/or event planning.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Ideal for college students seeking credit or post college graduates.
• Must have viable transportation.
• Innovative, problem solver and self-motivated; Able to work independently.
• Proficient with a computer, including word processing, database management, and email. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis in Word and Excel.
• Interest and Experience in Event Planning and/or Development.
• Ability to work flexible hours, about 8-20 a week (heavier toward the last month)
• Spanish is a plus.
Position: minimum of 8-10 hours per week. More time during the week of the event (04/14/16)
Status: Volunteer Internship
Applications: Submit cover letter and resume to Fund Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject line should read: Fund Development Internship