LR20171004-21361 — Manager of Events & Donor Relations – San Diego, California
Employer: PPPSW – Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, Inc.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Manager of Events & Donor Relations in San Diego, CA.
The Manager of Events & Donor Relations is responsible for logistical planning, budgeting and implementation of all development-related 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) events, including Anniversary Dinner, Speaker Series, donor events in private homes, POPP and Action Fund events.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work by San Diego Magazine and the San Diego Union-Tribune. In addition to competitive salaries and a generous paid time off program we offer medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance plans. We also offer flexible spending accounts and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. Please see our recruitment website for more information: www.pppswcareers.org
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Four (4) years of event coordination experience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle tasks independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to follow through with projects.
- Provide primary logistical management of all development-related (C3 and C4) events, including Anniversary Dinner, Speaker Series, events in private homes, stewardship events, POPP, and Action Fund events throughout PPPSW’s 3-county region. This includes budget creation, venue selection, catering, décor, invitations, publication, volunteers, AV needs, speaker arrangements, and any other component for a successful event.
- In coordination with the Major Gifts team, develop follow-up strategies for each event and ensure they are appropriately and promptly implemented.
- When appropriate and in coordination with Major Gifts team, work with lead volunteer to solicit, secure and steward Honorary Committee donors for any event.
- In coordination with database team, be the primary point for Raisers Edge event management, including pulling of invitation lists, tracking of RSVPs, and verifying who attended each event.
- Create and maintain annual Events calendar and provide regular updates to Development staff.
- Provide primary logistics support for regular Philanthropy Committee meetings.
- Work with external graphics and/or printing services as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service with the highest level of customer satisfaction from donors, colleagues, volunteer leadership, board members, and the executive team.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Loc=San Diego Admin
Sound Interesting? Click here to find submission information about this job.