Position Title: Office Manager
Application Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Start Date: January 2018
Job Hours: Full-time, exempt, some evenings and weekends required
Salary: $42,000-47,000 depending on experience
San Diego LGBT Pride is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Office Manager.
About San Diego LGBT Pride
Formed in 1974 as a sponsored program of The Center for Social Services, we produced the first Lesbian and Gay Parade in San Diego to celebrate the 1969 Stonewall Rebellion on New York’s Christopher Street. San Diego Pride incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 1994, and today it continues to bring together the skills, talents and vision of our diverse community through numerous programs.
Diversity – Being inclusive, accepting and respectful of the differences of people who share our values.
Respect – Valuing others by accepting individuality and demonstrating courtesy and mutual regard.
Honesty and Integrity – Communicating factual information and being true to our values.
Accountability – To be responsible for the effects and consequences of our words and action.
As part of San Diego Pride’s mission to foster pride locally and worldwide, the Office Manager is responsible for directing a group of internal functions for the organization. This role will perform and direct the following internal operations: human resources, accounting, payroll, information technology, office services, facilities, and purchasing.
The Office Manager will work closely with the Executive Director in order to assist in managing budgets, creating financial reports, and assisting other departments in their individual needs. This role will perform a wide variety of administrative activities as well as assist during Pride Weekend in running the financial department and cash operations of the Pride Festival. Some of the key duties this role encompass are:
• Managing day-to-day financials utilizing QuickBooks and related software
• Processing full cycle Accounts Payable
• Processing full cycle Accounts Receivables
• Managing cash flow
• Processing monthly bank and vendor account reconciliations
• Producing monthly financial statements
• Overseeing Pride Festival Weekend Financial Operations
• Assisting Executive Director & other staff in day-to-day administrative functions
• Managing and selecting year-round vendors and service providers
• Managing front office operations and occasional reception volunteers
• Managing office interns
• Processing bi-monthly Payroll
• Processing all necessary paperwork for employee hiring/discharging
San Diego Pride is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Founded in 1974, San Diego Pride is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster pride in and respect for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities, locally, nationally, and globally.
• Serving as HR advisor to the Executive Director
• Maintaining building offices in exemplary and presentable conditions
• Bidding out contractors and possible vendors for major building repairs and enhancements
• Overseeing facilities & janitorial contracted staff
• Acting as liaison for organizations that utilize our building
Some of the secondary duties this role encompass are:
• Troubleshooting and maintaining server, workstations and phone system
• Regulating all e-mail addresses for the staff/volunteers and creating new accounts
• Special projects as needed
Required knowledge, skills, and experience:
● Deep understanding of administrative and office operations
● Knowledge of budget implementation and control
● Ability to take initiative and problem solve
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
● Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
● Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs
● Detail oriented
● Extremely organizedMinimum Qualifications
● Education: College degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, or related field required.
● 2-3 years of office administration experience required
● 2-3 years of full-cycle accrual method of accounting required
● 1-2 years of management preferred
● Some IT experience preferred
● Reliable transportation
Our Benefits Include:
● 15 days PTO with an increase after 2 years of employment as well as 14 paid holidays per year.
● 100% Employer paid Medical and Dental insurance
● Flexible schedule to provide a healthy work/life balance
● Casual dress code and relaxed office culture
For the full job description, please visit our website at sdpride.org/careers
A complete application should include the following for consideration:
1. Cover letter
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume electronically to:
Please note: We are unable to accept any walk-in, email or phone inquiries for this position opening.