The Asian Solidarity Collective (ASC) is hiring a Part-Time Project Coordinator with the potential to become a full-time position. We are a new grassroots collective in San Diego (started by Candice Custodio-Tan, Josen Diaz, May Fu, Grace Jun, and Trinh Le) dedicated to building and activating Asian American social justice consciousness, condemning anti-Blackness, and building multiracial coalitions. Please see attached and below for the job description. Feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
We’d appreciate it if you can pass this along to others. Deadline to apply is June 30. Thank you!
Job Announcement: Part-time Project Coordinator
The Asian Solidarity Collective (ASC) is a new grassroots organization in San Diego whose mission is to activate Asian American social justice consciousness, identify intersectional affiliations, condemn anti-Blackness, and build Asian solidarity with Black folks and other communities of color. Our work includes community building, political education, and community events. We are currently hiring a part-time Project Coordinator to advance ASC’s mission, programs, and organizing priorities. Under the supervision of ASC’s Core Team, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating ASC’s projects and building relationships within and outside of the Asian American community.
– Coordinate and facilitate ASC meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas, and notetaking
– Manage ASC projects including workshops, trainings, and events
– Provide administrative and programmatic support to ASC programs, including curriculum development, events, and research
– Do community outreach and and make presentations in the community
– Engage and mobilize community participation in ASC programs and events
– Work directly with Asian American youth, students, and community members in group settings as well as individually in 1-on-1 meetings
– Build a healthy network with local community organizations, community leaders, and individuals who care about this work
– Report progress and updates in biweekly ASC meetings
– Complete and submit monthly written reports and evaluations
– Strong and demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice issues
– Experience and willingness to work with Asian American folks, communities of color, immigrant communities, youth, students, and/or people whose first or only language is other than English
– Ability to work collaboratively with ASC and externally with other multi-ethnic and multi-racial communities
– Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
– Ability to make presentations and facilitate meetings and discussions
– Ability to work independently, think creatively, and prioritize multiple projects
– Strong planning, time-management and problem-solving skills
– Strong attention to detail and well-organized work style
– Knowledge and experience working with MS Office and Google programs
– Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends
– Experience in community organizing, especially in San Diego, strongly preferred
– Reliable transportation
– Fundraising experience a plus
This is a part-time position at 20 hours a week. Salary and full benefits are competitive.
The position is open until filled and ends on December 31, 2017. This position could lead to a full-time position with the organization.
Interested applicants are invited to email a cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm on Friday, June 30, 2017.
The Asian Solidarity Collective is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We especially encourage women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ folks to apply.