Our mission is simple: Stop climate change.
Our goal is bold: 100% clean energy.
Our bar is high: We need 100% of our team to be 100% in. We engage real people across a wide spectrum of interests and perspectives including businesses, decision makers, advocates, organizers, allies, and cultures with inspired communication and actionable information to make big change and help people imagine and do what’s possible. With our small but highly motivated and mighty team, we’ve got to be fast paced, organized, data driven, nimble, creative, diligent, and fun.
We’re looking for a rock star who can pick up and lead any aspect of our work in our small, start-up environment, working in close coordination with our team. You will have demonstrated experience in getting things done independently and successfully, will fearlessly and proactively tackle new challenges and responsibilities, craves working in a fast-paced and demanding high-profile environment, thinks creatively and analytically, is flexible, highly organized, and seriously dedicated to stopping climate change and saving the world. You will also enjoy and value networking and relationship-building with people from all backgrounds, places and experiences.
Position summary: We are looking for a policy enthusiast who is passionate about connecting citizens to the policy decisions that shape their everyday lives. Said enthusiast will have significant experience identifying recommendations for policy documents pertaining to our five main fights – transit, zero waste, social equity, urban forests, and 100% clean energy. Our future Policy Advocate and Education Coordinator will know how to effectively bring our supporters into the fold in order to win big on all 5 fights.
- Policy Advocacy: Help with policy research and analysis, writing position letters, producing policy reports, and meeting with government officials and stakeholders
- Volunteer Management: Coordinate volunteer help with events, research, communications, and office work.
- Events: Lead volunteer engagement and plan policy-oriented events with local decision makers, advocates, and members.
- Relationship Building: Expanding our network to include a multifaceted range of decision-makers, allies, stakeholders, donors, members and volunteers.
- Community Education and Outreach: Coordinating with and presenting our vision and work to community organizations, businesses, and members.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with relevant lobbying laws and grant reporting requirements.
- Fundraising: Help team with new prospects and creating cultivation plans for foundations, businesses, and individual funders.
You might be a good fit if you:
- You have at least three years of work experience in policy advocacy and organizing.
- You have significant political and advocacy relationships in the region.
- Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are top-notch.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent leader who is a team player.
- You’re an analyst who thinks creatively.
- You’re an independent worker who knows how to find solutions, but also knows when to ask for help.
- You’re an organized and motivated worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
- You’ve got an eye for design and visual details.
- You’re an online master, but you also love meeting new people in person and building relationships.
- You’re committed to the end result, and you love what you do and what we do.
Location: Our office is in University Heights in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Show us why you’re different, why you believe you’re the one. Be creative. Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: App for Policy Advocate & Education Coordinator
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.
Climate Action Campaign
4452 Park Blvd. Suite 209
San Diego, CA 92116