Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is a national nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all AAPIs fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
The APIAVote Internship Program strives to encourage and cultivate young AAPI student leaders to explore a career in the public sector or the political arena. This internship program will also provide hands on experience and training on how to organize and implement voter activities to increase the participation of AAPIs in the electoral process.
For the summer of 2018, we are offering both paid and unpaid internships based in Washington, D.C. If you are interested in remote, unpaid internships throughout the year, please apply as well. Our spring, fall, and winter internships are unpaid. Applications are taken on a rolling basis.
Summer Internship Deadline: March 2, 2018
Rolling Deadline for spring and fall unpaid internships.
The internship program is tailored per organizational needs and intern skills. Interns may work on any of the following areas:
- Communications/Technology (new media and traditional),
- Graphic Design,
- Field (working with APIAVote partners to mobilize for elections),
- Research and Policy (research and advocate for policy recommendations),
- Training (Norman Y. Mineta Leadership Training Institute), or
- Youth (engaging and organizing our youth coalitions)
In addition, applicants selected for these internships will collectively work on the implementation of APIAVote’s YouthVote campaign. This will include identifying, recruiting, and training student organizers to implement voter engagement activities and developing campaign materials for 2018.
Paid summer internships receive a stipend of $2,500. The internship must be held for 10 weeks, but with a flexible start date.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL INTERNSHIP APPLICANTS:
- College or graduate student
- Leadership abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated to promoting civic participation of AAPIs in the electoral and public policy processes
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
Submit your application by clicking on the “Apply Now” button.