Our mission is simple: Stop climate change.
Our goal is bold: Amplify the voices of those on the front lines of climate change to enact
community-driven solutions that transform our cities.
Our bar is high: We need 100% of our team to be 100% in. With our small but highly motivated and mighty team, we’ve got to be fast paced, organized, data driven, nimble, creative, diligent, and fun.
We’re looking for passionate and dedicated advocate who wakes up every day ready to join hands with allies to fight for the right of all people to breathe clean air and drink clean water; live in safe, affordable, and healthy homes; access affordable public transportation that leads to economic opportunity; and prosper with green jobs that pay family-sustaining wages.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in getting things done independently and successfully, will fearlessly and proactively tackle new challenges and responsibilities, crave working in a fast-paced and demanding high-profile environment, think creatively and analytically, and be flexible, highly organized, and seriously dedicated to stopping climate change and saving the world. You will also
enjoy and value relationship-building with people from all backgrounds, places and experiences.
Position summary: The Climate Equity Advocate and Organizer will collaborate with partner organizations to advance climate justice in the San Diego region. Using a wide range of tools, including advocacy, education, coalition-building, and base-building, the Organizer will support the communities in our region that are on the frontlines of pollution, climate change, and racial and economic discrimination, to craft and win campaigns for equity, transit, housing, clean energy, and other climate policies.
● Policy Advocacy: Develop action alerts, prepare for government hearings, meet with decision makers, conduct policy research and analysis, write position letters, and meet with government officials and stakeholders.
● Relationship Building: Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, community members, elected officials, and others to help build a better, healthier, and more just future for frontline communities.
● Community Education and Outreach: Develop and implement advocacy training for climate justice, housing, transit, and clean energy policies.
● Leadership Development: Help local resident leaders identify campaign goals, strategies, and outcomes, and help coordinate the implementation of action plans developed by resident leaders.
You might be a good fit if you:
● You are passionate about climate justice and leadership development.
● You listen actively and put shared bottom lines ahead of personal recognition.
● Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are top-notch.
● You’re a self-motivated, independent leader who is a team player.
● You’re an analyst who thinks creatively.
● You’re an independent worker who knows how to find solutions, but also knows when to ask for help.
● You are organized and motivated, capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast- paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
● You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
● You’re committed to the end result, and you love what you do and what we do.
Location: Our office is in University Heights in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is between $50,000 and $55,000 and commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Show us why you’re different, why you believe you’re the one. Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: App for Climate Equity Advocate and Organizer.
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.