Application Closing Date
Position Start Date
Transgender Services Coordinator
Open until filled; interviews begin immediately
Full-Time, Exempt, Some evenings & weekends required
Under the supervision of the Director of Services Integration, the Transgender Services Coordinator performs a variety of duties related to the activities, programs, and services offered by The Center’s Project TRANS program. Duties include the development, implementation and coordination of a broad array of activities and services for the transgender community. Specific duties include the following:
- Communicating regularly with program clients to meet support, education and service needs and to achieve case management goals;
- Conducting general and targeted outreach for the San Diego Trans, NB and GNC populations including the oversight and maintenance of the Trans advisory boards;
- Conducting Trans/NB/GNC competency trainings;
- Connecting transgender/NB/GNC clients with necessary resources (culturally proficient information, organizations, providers and services);
- Connecting Trans/NB/GNC clients to HIV services, testing and information;
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified volunteer base to help achieve program and agency goals;
- Maintaining and developing collaborations with other local, statewide and national Trans/NB/GNC organizations;
- Working with the youth and family team to provide any support or consultation needed;
- Working with the Behavioral Health Services team to provide any support or consultation needed;
- Working with communications team to promote program activities and accomplishments;
- Implementing and maintaining systems to collect and analyze data regarding service delivery and outcomes;
- Maintaining program records and documentation according to standards.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Education and/or Experience: A bachelor’s degree in social work or social services related field is required. Related experience can be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. A minimum of two years of experience in coordinating social service programming is required. Prior experience working in the LGBTQ, HIV, and transgender communities required, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Must be comfortable working in PC/Windows-based environments. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Other Skills: Must demonstrate competence in working with a variety of diverse populations. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities. Lived experience as a member of a historically under-served community (i.e., low income, trans communities, communities of color, LGB communities, immigrant communities, HIV Communities, etc.) preferred.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
To apply, send your cover letter, application and resume electronically to:
Beth Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application can be found online at
Please note: We are unable to accept any phone or walk-in inquiries for this position. The San Diego LGBT Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.